Tuesday, September 15, 2020

ITSUKA KONO KOI WO OMOIDASHITE KITTO NAITE SHIMAU (LOVE THAT MAKES YOU CRY)

 










Winter 2016

Okay guys, so I had to watch another Kasumi Arimura drama because I really liked Chukagusei Nikki. I also added her to my top actresses section. I'm currently watching Biri Gyaru, which is a movie that she is starring in and she is playing a character entirely different from these two dramas that I finished watching. She definitely has range and I hope she keeps acting more into the future. So Kasumi Arimura plays a young girl named Oto Sugihara. At a young age, she lost her mother and was sent to live with her uncle in Hokkaido. She grows up there and lives day to day in a small town without any big dreams or hopes. Ren Soda played by Kengo Kora was raised by his grandfather who was a daikon farmer. Ren wasn't particularly fond of school or hanging out with friends and simply wanted to devote his time supporting his grandfather on his farm. Unfortunately, his grandfather was scammed and he lost his property. Ren decides to leave for Tokyo to raise enough money to one day buy back his grandfather's farmland. Through a twist of fate, both Oto and Ren's lives are interconnected in Hokkaido and their actions open a new and unfamiliar path for both of them.   

Recommendation: So, off the bat I just have to say that this is one of my favorite dramas, HOWEVER, what is up with the title! This is my only real major complaint as I think it would be more memorable if the title was 99% shorter. That said, Arimura and Kora have quite a nice chemistry. Yes, it is another story about star crossed lovers that I've seen countless times, but it works. Now, the drama is far from perfect and some of the acting could have been better, but it definitely lives up to the long name. I really wasn't sure half the time whether the two leads would end up together or not so it was a nail biter for me in that sense. I recommend this drama if you want to watch another love story. It's nothing new, but I think when done well, these types of dramas always work and that's probably why they keep getting made. 

Story: 1.0
Acting: 1.0
Directing: 1.0
Character Development: 1.0
Emotional Factor: 1.0

5.0 Out Of 5.0 Crowns

No comments:

Post a Comment