Sunday, September 13, 2020

I'M BACK

Wow, it's been a long time. My last drama review was over five years ago. During that time, a few things happened. Mainly, my wife gave birth to my daughter. I don't remember if that was the only reason why I stopped writing, but I also believe it was because I felt a little tired or maybe disillusioned about Japanese dramas. Especially these days it's hard to keep up with all the entertainment that is available at our finger tips. I love movies and TV shows on Netflix and other platforms. It was hard to come back to this space and invest time watching Japanese shows. But alas, I can only say that fate brought me back. Basically out of the blue, I looked up my favorite actor Kimura Takuya and realized that not only is he now 47 years old, but he's continued to dedicate some time in his busy life to act in dramas. So I quickly watched Grand Maison Tokyo, which I will review and now I feel like writing again. Now, life has definitely changed these past five years so I won't be able to post as much as I used to, but I hope to continue this strange passion until I develop arthritis. It's so strange to see actors and actresses like Yamapi, Gakky, Toda Erika, Eikura Nana and Eita etc. in their 30's and see new faces like Arimura Kasumi doing amazing things. Well, I guess she's actually been in the business for quite some time, but I've never seen her work until recently. Like anything, people come and go and as I get older, my tastes have changed as well. I hope to continue here and there and keep this hobby up as long as I can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment