Monday, May 31, 2010

BOSS




Spring 2009

As I was watching Boss, I felt that it was predictable and I couldn't get into it at first, but as I kept watching the series, I gradually ended up enjoying this drama. Boss stars Amami Yuki as Osawa Eriko who works with a nice cast of actors including Takenouchi Yutaka, Toda Erika, Tamayama Tetsuji to name a few. Heading a newly created police division with a group of unusual detectives, Osawa Eriko takes on violent and difficult cases and proves to be a force to be reckoned with. Tall and beautiful, she must not only solve crimes, but also teach her small group of detectives to work efficiently as a team.

Recommendation: Boss was a fast paced, funny, and smart drama. The use of computer graphics was creative and each case that needed to be solved was interesting, but I wasn't very fond of the fact that almost all the episodes showed who the criminal was in the beginning because it took out the suspense of discovery. Obviously reality must be suspended to a certain degree when watching dramas, but there were some episodes that I thought were a bit over the top. Still, the series was entertaining and got better as it progressed. I recommend this drama especially if you like something fairly light, funny and creative despite the series being revolved around crime.

STORY: 0.5
ACTING: 1
DIRECTING: 0.5
CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT: 0.5
EMOTIONAL FACTOR: 1.0

3.5 OUT OF 5 CROWNS

No comments:

Post a Comment