Wednesday, June 6, 2012

NAKANAI TO KIMETA HI (泣かないと決めた日)

















Winter 2010

Okay really, one more drama and I'll return to full study mode. Nakanai To Kimeta Hi is a story about a young woman named Tsunoda Miki (Eikura Nana) who lands her first job at a prestigious company only to find herself the target of bullying by her co-workers and superiors. When she makes a few mistakes, nobody believes in her abilities to do her job and she is constantly harassed and ridiculed. To support her family she is determined to endure the cruelty, but going to work each day becomes more than tortuous. Losing confidence and her courage running thin, she finds a few allies to lend her support and she begins to realize that through her determination to never give up, she will not only change herself, but others as well.

Recommendation: So after being impressed by watching Eikura Nana in a previous drama, I had to see her again in another show. I thought she played her role quite well in this drama and it was an exciting one as well. The underlying themes of never giving up and holding on to your values was strong and I enjoyed the pace. However, I got a bit bored by the usual "innocent, uncorrupted, straightforward character eventually melting the hearts of her enemies" type of story line. There were some cheesy moments and it felt too idealistic/unrealistic at times for my taste even for a drama. I also disliked the outcome between Nakahara Shota (Kaname Jun) and Tsunoda. *Spoiler Alert* In my mind, I can't believe that Nakahara stayed with Tachibana Marika (Anne) even after finding out how evil she was. She even tried to kill Tsunoda and she didn't go to jail, but still got to be with the guy in the end with no consequences. Hmm, I didn't like that at all. Anyway, with the exception of a few holes in the story, I thought it was well made and I enjoyed the depth of the characters and the resolve to overcome their problems. I recommend this drama as it may resonate with many people who have experienced working with a difficult co-worker or company.

Story: 0.5
Acting: 1.0
Directing: 0.5
Character Development: 1.0
Emotional Factor: 1.0

4.0 Out Of 5.0 Crowns

2 comments:

  1. Marika was really creepy, i can't believe she was't thrown into jail.
    Erika toda is great. She puts a lots of emotional feel into the drama she plays. Eg: Megchan no shitsuji was way too mangaish and over the top. I could sit through it only because she bought in emotional elements to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marika was definitely a crazy character! I like Erika Toda, but unfortunately I haven't seen Megchan No Shitsuji.

    ReplyDelete