Wednesday, October 27, 2010

PRIDE



Winter 2004

Well, I'm finally reviewing my favorite drama Pride which stars Kimura Takuya (Halu Satonaka) and Takeuchi Yuko, (Aki Murase). When I watched this series, I seriously could not stop. I love Pride for many reasons and I can say that it tugged at my heart strings because I'm first of all a guy who loves sports in general and two of my favorite actors star in this series. I believe both Kimutaku and Takeuchi gave great performances; the supporting cast was also good. I just loved the pace of the drama, the editing and dialogue created great chemistry among the actors. The romance between Halu and Aki started out as a game but it eventually becomes serious with dire consequences. I really empathized with these characters as the series was able to go deep into the heart of what moved them and gave them a reason for being who they are. I like many leading men, but they aren't young such as Sato Koiichi, Nakai Kiichi, and Hiroyuki Sanada and although Kimutaku is getting up there I still believe that there is nobody around his age or younger that can dazzle on screen and give a mesmerizing performance like him. There's just something about Kimutaku that draws your attention like no other.

Recommendation: I wholeheartedly recommend this drama especially to any guys out there who want to watch a drama series, once in a while, with their lovely ladies. It is both inspiring and full of energy. I've never played hockey and I don't watch any of it on TV, but I do see highlights and know some of the great players past and present. I was first skeptical about a drama revolving around hockey, but if you are a sports fan, you will enjoy it. I have a greater appreciation for the game now that I watched this series. I don't think I will ever watch a series better than this one...maybe?

STORY: 1.0
ACTING: 1.0
DIRECTING: 1.0
CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT: 1.0
EMOTIONAL FACTOR: 1.0

5.0 Out Of 5.0 Crowns

No comments:

Post a Comment